- Patented Pack-Away® design collapses to half its size for compact, protected storage
- Fits easily in glove boxes and trunks in case of emergency
- Durable, shatter-resistant polycarbonate globe and shock-resistant outer shell
- Four modes—high, low, emergency strobe and off
- High: 105 lumens, up to 5 hours of runtime
- Low: 68 lumens, up to 13 hours of runtime
- Emergency strobe: up to 40 hours of runtime
- Lightweight design—8 oz. (226.8 g), even with four AA-cell batteries
- 3-year limited warranty
Yesterday I was at my local Walmart and I happened to see this cool little lantern by Coleman. What caught my eye was its ability to collapse to half its size for compact storage and its bright 105 lumens LED. The lantern is shatter and shock resistant and is IPX4 rated against rain and splashing water. The mini lantern has 3 modes of operation high, low and an emergency strobe and runs up to 13 hours on low.
The Coleman pack-away mini lantern is very lightweight, even with four AA batteries it only weighs in at 8 oz. The lantern automatically shuts off when collapsed, which prevents the light from being accidentally turned on. There is a folding wire hanging loop and an included mini-carabiner for easy hanging. For 22 dollars you really can’t go wrong with this little lantern and it would be great for bug out bags, car kits, backpacking and camping. You can purchase the Coleman pack-away mini lantern on Amazon for $21.98.