Today I am going to share with you how to make an all-natural first-aid antiseptic that you can easily make at home. This homemade antiseptic has excellent antibacterial properties to treat everyday cuts, scrapes and abrasions just as you would with any tube of over the counter ointment.
- 1-1/2 ounces beeswax, grated
- 1 Cup Coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1/2 teaspoon tea tree oil
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- Tea tree oil: antibiotic, anti-fungal, antiviral, antibacterial
- Lavender: analgesic (pain relief), antibiotic, anti-fungal, antiviral, antibacterial
- Lemon: antibiotic, antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial
- Coconut oil: anti-inflammatory properties
- Vitamin E: Skin healing vitamin
Step 1. Grate 1-1/2 ounces of beeswax using a cheese grater or just slice thinly with a knife.
Step 2. Add 1 cup coconut oil and the grated beeswax to a pot.
Step 3. Heat the coconut oil and beeswax over a low heat or double boiler until in liquid form. Once in liquid form remove from heat and add the tea tree oil, vitamin E, and essential oils and stir briefly.
Step 4. Pour mixture into sterilized jars. You can use baby food jars or mason jars. Let cool on counter. To sterilize jars either boil for 10 minutes or run through your dishwasher.
Step 5. Store in a cool, dark place. Use as needed on any cuts, scrapes and abrasions. Lasts for approximately 4 years shelf life.