If you dried your corn while still on the cob then you will need to shell the corn first, of course. You can do this by hand or use a hand crank corn sheller. The hand operated corn shellers do most of the work for you, the cob goes in and the dried kernels are […]
Let's get back to the basics, because sometimes writers, authors if you will, tend to assume things about their audience. Like an instructor that … [Read More...] about The Basics of Cold Weather Survival
Before you can do anything, you need a staging area, a place to marshal the group or family if you will. Most full-time workers spend as much time at … [Read More...] about What If You Had To Bug Out From Work?
Most Preppers understand the need for an underground bunker but some may be unsure as to whether they need one or not. Doomsday bunkers are … [Read More...] about Is an Underground Bunker Right for You?
Survival Uses for Bamboo There are 1575 species of bamboo worldwide and of those 1575 species, 110 are known to be edible. However, bamboo contains … [Read More...] about Survival Uses for Bamboo
Intense Angler has put together an excellent video showing five awesome uses for ChapStick. Aside from simply preventing chapped lips, the video … [Read More...] about 5 Clever Uses for ChapStick
Winter is coming on fast, and of course, as it gets colder it gets harder to survive if you become lost or injured miles from home. However, if you … [Read More...] about Bugging Out To the Back Yard: Cold Weather Training
- Winter on the Homestead
- Natural Survival Medicine You Can Find In The Forest
- What Would Realistically Happen If An EMP Went Off In The United States?
- Let’s Talk Turkey: Cooking Guidelines to Stay Safe
- Untold Tricks on How to Sharpen Your Knife with a Stone
- Boiling Bones for Broth
- Dutch Oven: Some Cooking Basics
- Cooking Essential Utensils: Pots and Pans and All the Rest
- DIY Inexpensive Between-Stud Shelving
- Water Conservation in the Kitchen