According to a survey conducted in 2011, 28 percent of Americans do not know how to cook. However, let’s ponder a moment, and then ask ourselves what is the definition of cooking ( Foodworksblog , 2011). Is it pulling a frozen meal from the freezer and popping it in the microwave to thaw and cook. […]
Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) by most accounts was coined by Kelly Johnson (1910-1990) who was a lead engineer at Lockheed. The KISS concept was a … [Read More...] about Preppers: Keep It Simple Stupid
Green coffee beens last on average between two to three years, but if stored properly they can last you many years. Actually, some species are prized … [Read More...] about Coffee After the Apocalypse: How to Go From Green Bean to Ravishing Roast Without Electricity
We are starting a series of articles on gear, material, and supplies for survival that you may or may not need. Finances are a big problem when it … [Read More...] about Do You Really Need That to Survive?
Yesterday's Newspaper Its Still worth Plenty 1.) Newspaper had for years been used as insulation in homes. Shredded and placed in the walls it acted … [Read More...] about 16 Uses for Old Newspaper
You may have seen the commercial on television for an in-home freeze-drying unit. The market audience is Preppers and/or survivalist. A home … [Read More...] about Buy a Home Freeze Dryer or Buy Your Foods Freeze Dried?
You know people have their priorities mixed up when they buy a tent for the first time to sleep in it in front of an electronics store so they can be … [Read More...] about What Most Likely Will Happen When the SHTF
- Natural Survival Medicine You Can Find In The Forest
- What Would Realistically Happen If An EMP Went Off In The United States?
- Let’s Talk Turkey: Cooking Guidelines to Stay Safe
- Untold Tricks on How to Sharpen Your Knife with a Stone
- Boiling Bones for Broth
- Dutch Oven: Some Cooking Basics
- Cooking Essential Utensils: Pots and Pans and All the Rest
- DIY Inexpensive Between-Stud Shelving
- Water Conservation in the Kitchen
- Pancakes are More Than Just Pancakes